- Driver should wear suitable clothes; Shorts are not permitted. A Driving Suit is recommended
During the event all drivers participating should wear a Branded BIS (minimum) marked Safety Helmet and shall be properly harnessed in the seat belt. The helmet chin strap should be securely fastened while competing.
- Footwear should be such that shoes covering the entire foot shall be worn.
- All loose items, inside and outside the car, must be removed. Hand held items, such as but not limited to, cameras and cell phones are considered loose items.
- The side window must remain at least three quarters closed during his run.
- 3‐point Seat belts are mandatory. Vehicles participating in the Open classes must be equipped with 4‐point seat harness.
Tires must be in good condition, with no cord or belts showing or cracks in the tread or sidewall.
- Throttle return action shall be safe and positive.
- No excessive fuel, oil, water or brake fluid leaks should be observed when the engine is running.
- The driver side door must be made of metal. In case it is made of any other material the vehicle must be equipped with a Roll Cage complying with FMSCI regulations.
- Steering “spinner” knobs shall not be permitted and mechanical components like wheel bearings, shocks, steering and suspension shall be in good operating condition.
- Pedal operation must not be impeded. Driver’s side floor mat must be removed unless securely mounted. OE fasteners designed to prevent the mat from moving forward satisfy this requirement if they are in good working order
- Wheels must be safely affixed. They shall not be reversed so that the lughole taper does not mate with the chamfer of the lugs. All studs and lug nuts must be present and functional.
- Cars must have a means of access on either side of the Passenger compartment which can be operated from inside or outside. Access must be sufficient to remove an occupant without interference from any door locking devices.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT SPECIFIC TO ALL OPEN CLASSES
In addition to the above the vehicles participating in the OPEN classes must also be equipped with:
- Vehicles participating in the Open classes must be equipped with 4‐point seat harness.
- Vehicles participating in Modified or Open classes must be equipped with at least one fire extinguisher of 2 Kgs (Dry Power), securely mounted within easy access of the driver.
- Roll bars / cage complying with FIA / FMSCI regulations.
- FIA Approved rally seats without recliners
- FIA approved Safety harness (minimum 4 POINT).
- FIA / Snell / SFI Approved Helmets