The Maruti Suzuki Autoprix Series is in fact two concurrent championships with the first acting as a qualifier for the second.
The two Championships are:
- The Maruti Suzuki FMSCI Indian National Championship
- Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017: Season-1
MARUTI SUZUKI AUTOPRIX 2017 | Road to National Championship
The Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017: Season-1 will run over seven rounds divided in four Zones.
Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017: Season-1| South Zone : The Cities covered under the South Zone are:
Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017: Season-1| North Zone : The Cities covered under the North Zone are:
Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017: Season-1| East Zone
Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017: Season-1| West Zone
There are two Groups divided into Six Classes in the Championship:
Group Modified (MOD
- 2-wheel drive | Upto 1100 cc
- 2-wheel drive | Over 1100 cc Upto 1400 cc
- 2-wheel drive | Over 1400 cc Upto 1650 cc
- 2-wheel drive | Over 1650 cc
Group Open (PROTO)
- 2-wheel drive Open
- 4-wheel drive Open
Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017: Season-1| Points
Those Participants who will take part in the City Rounds of the Championship will earn points based upon their final ranking in each Class
1st place : 25 points
2nd place : 18 points
3rd place : 15 points
4th place : 12 points
5th place : 10 points
6th place : 08 points
7th place : 06 points
8th place : 04 points
9th place : 02 points
10th place : 01 point
Maruti Suzuki Autoprix 2017: Season-1| Finals
The Top point Holders of each Zone from each class will be eligible to participate in a Final which will be held separately in Noida. (Eight contestants from each class, 48 total contestants across 6 classes).
These Eight contestants will then compete among themselves for the Title of “Maruti Suzuki Autoprix Champion XXX Class”. There will be six such contests resulting in 6 Champions, one for each Class.
MARUTI SUZUKI FMSCI INDIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
The Six Champions & the Runners Up will then compete to determine the MARUTI SUZUKI FMSCI INDIAN NATIONAL CHAMPION.
These contestants will compete among themselves in “Identical Stock Cars” provided at the venue.
The cars will of the same make and model and identical in condition. They will be allotted to the finalists by a draw of lots.
Based on the same system of Qualifying & Elimination Rounds the final winner will be crowned the MARUTI SUZUKI FMSCI INDIAN NATIONAL CHAMPION for 2017.
MARUTI SUZUKI AUTOPRIX CHAMPIONSHIP
- There are six classes in this Championship.
- It is proposed to divide the country into 4 Zones, North, East, West & South.
- Each Zone will host 2 or 3 rounds in different cities.
- Winners of each class from each city round will be awarded points.
- The top point holders of each class from both the zones will be invited to participate in a Final which will be held separately at Delhi / Noida. (Eight contestants from each class, 48 total contestants across 6 classes)
- These eight contestants of each class will compete within themselves and each winner will be awarded the title “Maruti Suzuki Autoprix Champion 2017 XXX Class”. We will have 6 such winners.
- Each of these 6 winners will gain a place to compete in the National Championship.
- Based on the unique number of Champions, the top 2/3 runners up of the Championship will also qualify to participate in the National Championship.
MARUTI SUZUKI FMSCI NATIONAL AUTOPRIX 2017: SEASON-1
- The Six Class winners and the top 2 from the runners up will now compete among themselves in identical vehicles provided by the organiser.
- All the vehicles will be Standard Stock vehicles and allotment of vehicles will be done by a draw of lot.
- These 8 contestants will run a heat, the times of which will determine their grid position.
- Following an elimination based Quarter, Semi and Final rounds the Winner and Runner Up will be determined.
- This winner will be awarded the title of ‘Maruti Suzuki FMSCI National Autoprix Champion 2017″
- Mr X wants to participate in the Championship
- He stays in Chennai
- He also wants to take part in the local round at Hyderabad
At the time of submitting of his entry, he will be asked to
- Choose between Championship & Non Championship: As he wants to participate in the Championship, he will select ‘Championship’
- Choose between the Zones: North, East, West & South: He is free to choose whichever Zone he likes, but remembering that once chosen this cannot be changed, he chooses South as it is more convenient and cheaper for him to participate in the South rounds.
- Choose his Class: This will depend on his vehicle and the level of modifications, for this example let us presume he chooses 1400~1650 cc class
- He can subsequently put in additional entries in Championship & Non Championship in each individual round, but once he participates in any of South Zone rounds on a Championship entry he will not be eligible to participate in the North Championship Zone. However, he can still participate in the North Zone Non Championship Rounds.
- For each Class that he participates in he will be eligible for points which will be counted towards the Championship of that particular class.
- His entries in the Non Championship part of each zonal round will NOT give him any points.
- The Points earned by the driver will only count towards earning the driver an eligibility for the Finals. The Finals themselves carry no points and the winner will be decided on the basis of races run during the final round.